Monday, October 29, 2007

Who Dat?

Is this not the best action shot ever?!? We were taping up the house to start painting and here I caught Adam mid pose. It was a haasly task taping up the whole house (thanks dale and steph) and the best part of it is, IT'S DONE. Feast your eyes on this!




So, first off, I thought it only fitting that our house make its debut on our family blog with the photo of our dining room. This is where I spilled the paint at 4 am. No stain. Let's hear it for Adam! (By the way, we don't have any of our art up on the walls so you can imagine that in your minds...I'm sure it's breathtaking)

Here is our entry way/ foyer. The door is a deep red...not as dark as brick, not as bright as crimson. To the left is the dining room and to the right is the living room. Then, to the right past the living room is the hallway to the guest rooms...AKA where all of you will stay when you come out to visit...or where Dale is forced to sleep when he says something brilliantly sensitive like "wifely duties."

Here's our kitchen. The walls are chocolate brown and the countertops are granite. I heart them.

A different angle of the kitchen.


The bedroom. Love it. When you close the door, the whole world goes away and it's an oasis of serenity in there. Have I mentioned I love it??? The blue looks a little smurf-esque in this light and I'm not sure why. It's really like a slate-ish blue in real life but you get the idea.


Here you can see the window seat which is also one of my favorite features. I love how it looks out over the back yard.




You guys should all come out and visit. I hope you will sometime. (If you want to see the before pictures so you can see the horror that was this house before we got ahold of it, hollah. I'll post those babies too!) So, come on. Let me know what you think or what else you'd like to see from our house!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes please on the "before and after" pictures. I love to see transformations...Your house is very nice. Maybe some day I'll get to see it...

Katie L. said...

Lovely,
Now all you need is a bunch of kids to mess it up! And if you want any child of mine just holler and I'll send them right over, for a minimum of 2-3 months at a time. :)

Stephanie said...

Your bedspread looks so pretty! I had fun painting with ya'all... we should do it again soon!

Courtney said...

Tams your place is gorgeous.