Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Penguin

My mom's home teacher, who, by the way is named Pie but that is not part of the story, called to me from across the street tonight and I turned around to see him waving hello, which isn't funny at all except he was dressed as a huge PENGUIN! Yes, the penguin waved to me from across the street and I just about laughed right at him. And to make it even better, the entire family was dressed as penguins running up and down the street and I thought of all you Lisonbees and wished you could see it.

6 comments:

Tamara said...

I missed the key point here, Kate. Can you confirm whether or not the aforementioned penquin was holding a martini glass and smugly smirking at you from across the street?

And did you or did you not shout "Call the Zoo!"

Great story. I have a super pleasant mental image from that. I'll likely still be chuckling when you guys see me next.

Tamara said...

P.S. What is it about a picture of a penguin that just makes me laugh. It gets me every time. Seriously, next time I open this page and there is the penguin staring at me, I'm going to laugh again. Never gets old. I think we know who put you up to this...

Michelle said...

That is freaking hilarious. I can't believe you didn't laugh really loud right at them...oh, the penguin has brought this family so much joy. I think it should be deemed family mascot...
P.S. Is his first or last name Pie. And who names anyone Pie?

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious!! The image of seeing a family of penguins running down public streets just makes me laugh outloud! AND... now that I know the whole story of the penguin, it just makes it that much more funny!

The Queen said...

What a great idea! That is so funny. TFS

Katie L. said...

His FIRST name is Pie! Pie Conchar. He is a realtor, who is bald and has braces. He looked great in the penguin suit.