Friday, October 12, 2007

The Human Cannonball

So, on my way into the office Tuesday morning, I heard something exciting on the radio. You see, Texas is having it's annual State Fair right now and the DJ mentioned that there is a human cannonball event every day at the fairgrounds. I listened intently to the description and the next thing I knew, I was in the middle of a daydream watching my body being launched out of a cannon and my mind had wandered to through following thought processes:

1. That could be fun.
2. I bet I could do that.
3. Surely it takes little to no skill.
4. I'm not even afraid of heights.
5. I bet the hazard pay is pretty good!

When I realized what was happening in my mind, I quickly shook myself from the daydream and came to the stark realization that if it feels like a positive career move to me to crunch myself into the barrel of an instrument once used as a weapon of war only to become the projectile being hurled from such instrument, perhaps that says something about my current job. Just at thought. But take a look at those photos...I really COULD be good at that, don't you think?

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow Tams...you have more problems than I thought. Although, sometimes I think being shot from a cannon wouldn't be so bad either. I mean, I would get some silence because my ears would be blown out. That has definite possibilities. Let me know when they come to Fresno. I might volunteer.

j-liz said...

Tams,
I think this might be the big break you've been waiting for! The whole human cannon ball has been worked pretty hard so you'll have to do something unique. Flying female cannon ball is good but flying female cannon ball backwards in random directions might be the ticket. Once in a while you could even point it at the crowd and launch. Not too many innocent bystanders have been injured by a human cannon ball you know? That could stir up the local news in small towns everywhere. Then you could take it on the road! Let us know when you make to Aguilar and we'll swing on down.

Courtney said...

So I couldn't really relate to your feelings about preferring being shot out of a cannon until last night when I was leaving my house for the first time that day, after studying roughly eleventy billion hours, only to realize my car got towed because I accidently parked in the spot next to mine. That's not actually when I felt like bieng a human cannonball though...it was after I stayed up the entire night lat night (translation: 0 hours of sleep) and then I got to sit through my 8 o'clock class where these freshman chicks like to ramble on about their imaginary boyfriends, for attention maybe? Anyway, at that point I thought to myself that whatever risks are involved with that guys job are surely must be worth it.